Jake's Golden Heart Award
The Judson C. Ward Golden Heart Award was established in May of 2010 in honor of its namesake and first recipient. This award, given by the Emory Alumni Association, recognizes Emory alumni who have demonstrated the values exemplified by former Dean of Alumni Dr. Judson “Jake” Ward 33C 36G. Alumni who possess one or more of the following attributes are eligible to be nominated:
- Generosity of spirit and willingness to serve others.
- Above and beyond loyalty to Emory University.
- A track record of extended service and exceptional, yet humble contributions of time and service to Emory University and to one’s community either “behind the scenes” or through regional clubs, chapters, and other Emory or community groups.
Nominees and potential recipients must also meet the following criteria:
- Be an inducted, living member of Corpus Cordis Aureum (alumni who graduated 50 or more years ago from any of Emory's schools)or a non-inducted alumna/us who is part of the 50-Year reunion class or who is eligible to be inducted into Corpus Cordis Aureum; he/she will be inducted during the ceremony held each May during Commencement weekend.
- Ability to attend or send a representative to attend the award ceremony
Nominations for the Golden Heart Award are solicited and accepted each year by the EAA. To nominate an alumnus/a, please complete your nomination online or send your nomination to:
Emory Alumni Association
Miller-Ward Alumni House
815 Houston Mill Road
Atlanta, GA 30322
2014 J. Joseph Edwards 54Ox 56B 58B and Patricia Carter Edwards 61C
2013 Barbara Reed 57N 79N
2012 H. Dean Minor 38Ox 40C
2011 Emory Williams 32C
2010 Judson "Jake" Ward 33C 36G